Sunday, May 25, 2008

Week End Snapshots

Friday night Aunt Ann hosted a party celebrating Ashley's college graduation. Family and friends had a good time wishing her well as she heads off to Orlando for an internship with Disney.




We enjoyed Bowie's Memorial Day parade on Saturday morning. I think half the town was in the parade. There were Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts baton twirlers, and anybody who thought it would be fun to be in a parade. Uncle Sam led them all.




The fife and drum corp was one of several marching bands.




This old fire truck was one of many antique cars.




The Bolivian dancers were colorful entertainment.




The Abrakadoodle float with Splat riding in the back. Splat won the Best Dog award. My daughter is driving and several grandchildren walked along to pass out prizes to the crowd.




The weather Saturday afternoon was too nice to stay home so we took DQ sailing on the Chesapeake Bay. Here's a picture of Captain DQ at the helm of a seventy foot schooner.




This morning at church we honored our high school graduates. It is always amazing to me to see how quickly our children grow up. One of the girls sang an absolutely beautiful rendition of Amazing Grace. The song made me cry.

6 comments:

Cazzie!!! said...

Awesome images, that song gives me chills, Amazing Grace , I love it!

AM Kingsfield said...

I love a parade!

Rhia's solo gave me goosebumps! What a powerful voice she has!

Gary & Laurel Cox said...

What a great weekend! Reminds me of who we are...not what we do.

Sandy said...

I'm playing blog catch-up. Belated birthday wishes - I hope it was as wonderful as you are. Your picture at 18 is so classy - not quite like most 18 year olds today. My first car was a '60 Studebaker Lark - my sister and I went everywhere in it! Gas was cheap then. The parade pictures are wonderful and Amazing Grace always makes me cry - aren't we softies?

Linda said...

thanks for the pic :) Now why didn't I tape that? BTW, it was great sitting next to you!

Sling said...

I.Love.This.Stuff!
Great pix mom.
A 70 foot schooner?
That's awesome!