Thursday, May 29, 2008

Motown and More





Last night was the big concert for the Senior Chorale. We had an audience of 670 people who applauded and cheered for us. It was great fun to sing for such an enthusiastic audience. Singing such happy music just has to make a person smile. One of my favorites was “Wonderful World.” Our soloist for that song was Chuck. He is a frail little old man who can’t read music, is nearly blind and is easily confused. He never did get his solo right in rehearsal, but he nailed it last night. The audience loved him. We did a Motown Medley with the help of our own version of Pips who called themselves the Sparkettes. They danced and sang and made the music wonderful. It was a great concert. I love singing with this group.

7 comments:

John said...

I always knew you had soul in you.

just me said...

I'm so glad you were able to sing this time.

I was picking up E after she sang at BHS graduation - the departing crowd sure seemed happy!

Sandy said...

I remember hearing that music is what feelings sound like - what joy for you all & hooray for Chuck.

Tracy said...

I wish I had been able to be there.

Jennie said...

That looks like so much fun. I love singing in choruses...didn't know you did too!

Paul Nichols said...

That looks like 100% fun! Keep it up!

Unknown said...

Yes, Im glad your voice recovered. That would have been a terrible thing to have missed it. Were you able to stay still?