Monday, May 12, 2008

The Graduate

Granddaughter #1
Bachelor of Arts
Applied Finance and Accounting


Graduation was a wonderful event. The weather was beautiful. The graduate was excited and beautiful. I asked, “Ashley, you’ve just graduated from Milligan College. What are you going to do now?” She replied in her happy squeal, “I’m going to Disney World!” She has in fact accepted an internship at Disney World. She will be working in one of the eateries is park for six months. Then if all her dreams do come true she will get a professional internship in Disney’s accounting department. Today is a day when all things seem possible.

10 comments:

just me said...

She does look beautiful - and just like her mom.

Sandy said...

I can't imagine the world denying her anything! An unlimited future for a beautiful young lady. Congratulations!

Sling said...

Woo Hoo!
She's a lovely girl with a bright future.
You must be very proud!

Gary & Laurel Cox said...

Sniff, sniff. One of the proudest moments in my LIFE. She dazzles me every day.

rosemary said...

She is lovely...and obvioulsy smart....Disney huh? What a way to take the world by storm!!!

Miss Healthypants said...

I would love to work at Disney World!--at least for a while! :)

Congrats to your daughter! :)

MarkEC said...

I can only pray that mine gets through all this and I can be sniffing and proud one day! Congratulations to her!

We will have to go visit her in Orlando :-)

Anne said...

congrats grand-mom! I guess i've lost another good sitter for my boy. but it's not about me on an occasion like this....

AM Kingsfield said...

You didn't tell about the necklace! That was Mom's gift on retirement from her career as a nurse. The doctors she worked for gave it to her. What a wonderful gift for my smart & beautiful niece as she begins her career.

"Come on everybody, here we go!"

Gary & Laurel Cox said...

Sigh...I am missing her.