Thursday, May 15, 2008

67

I came home from Tennessee with a bad cold. Today I woke up with laryngitis. I was supposed to sing in our Senior Chorale Motown concert today, but my singing voice is gone. I was disappointed, but I did go watch the concert and those old folks really can sing Motown. It was great. Hopefully I will be able to sing with them on their next concert in two weeks.

I found a lovely swing in my backyard when we arrived home Sunday night. It is a mother’s day gift from my kids. They must think I am a swinging gramma or a rockin’ mama. It is a nice place to sit and enjoy the birds and enjoy the sunshine.

Today is my birthday. I am 67 years old. There is no way I can make that sound young. There has been a little flurry of well wishes from friends and family. I feel loved. Life is good.

11 comments:

MarkEC said...

Happy Birthday "mom"... I was going to send you a text message earlier.. but.. never mind! ;-) Enjoy your day, look forward to seeing you again soon!

rosemary said...

Well, happy birthday to you. Yup, after 60 there is no way to make it sound young anymore. Sue, you are such a neat woman....enjoy your swing and keep on loving life.

Unknown said...

Keep singing and enjoy the swing, and you'll stay young forever. Happy Birthday to you on your very special day!

Linda said...

Happy Birthday Dear Friend! May your year be filled with the Light you bring to all!

julie said...

Sue, your heart always seems young and that is the most important part. I love you and hope that you had the most wonderful birthday ever. You mean so much to me and have walked me through some difficult times. For that I will be forever grateful. We have many more fun times ahead of us and I don't think that you are old. When I am 67 and you are 87 I expect to sit on the boardwalk with you and make up stories about all the people that pass. Is it a date?

just me said...

Happy Birthday... I too had a birthday this month - lots of cool people were born in May...

May you live to be 120 (an old Jewish birthday blessing)

Love from one of your younger friends :)

Tracy said...

Happy Belated Birthday Sue! I hope you had wonderful birthday.

I love you Sue!

Chris said...

Happy (belated) Birthday...hope it was a good one!

Sharon said...

Happy belated birthday. Hope it was wonderful and that you are feeling better. You are a very special person.

John said...

reminds me of john anderson. Just a'swingin'. Happy birthday

Unknown said...

Belated but sincere birthday wishes! I have the card my dad's sister got him a long time ago that said "Happy Birthday- may your swash never buckle!" Guess that's really more of a man's card but what the hey!
Manyhappy returns.
Hope it was delicious...