Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Insomnia

I was awake all night. I was tired and wanted to sleep, but I just couldn’t get comfortable and go off to dream land. I read for a while and got sleepy, but when I put down the book and turned off the light I started tossing and turning. I was plagued by random thoughts that just wouldn’t turn off, like patterns to make with my pen to create different textures for my pen and ink class or what to get my grandson for his birthday in three weeks. I finally got up and read blogs and sipped on a glass of wine until I got sleepy. I then lay in bed tossing and turning another hour wishing for sleep, unable to doze off. I got up and sat in my big recliner and waited for the dawn. I finally fell asleep about 6AM.

I do this fairly often and it is an annoyance.

What do you do when you find it hard to sleep?

6 comments:

Anne said...

Think of quilt patterns, vacations, blog posts.

I didn't sleep well last night, either, come to think about it. I can empathize.

Unknown said...

Drink TWO glasses of wine...

I think insomnia is a woman thing. I'm right there with you.

rosemary said...

Read blogs and I'm with greeny...two glasses are better than one...sometimes 3 is perfect.

Linda said...

Yoga. Breathe. Guided Meditation. Woman, Come see me! I'll make you a CD today.

AM Kingsfield said...

Maybe I inherited that from you.

All good advice above.

John said...

It's might be a woman thing Greeny. I have never had a problem with it. My problem is that whenever I stop moving I fall asleep. Fell asleep in the movies the other night on a date with my wife while we were watching "Saw IV". Insomnia is a foreign land somewhere north of Bravery.