Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Advent


Advent begins this Sunday. I love Advent and message of hope, peace and love that it represents. I love the symbolism of lighting of the Advent candles during church. This year I decided I wanted to have an Advent wreath and candles of my very own. Yesterday I bought a pretty brass candle holder for the purple and pink candles. I set it up on my dining room table happy with how pretty it looked. In the evening my friend J came over and admired it. I told her that I was planning to get some greenery tomorrow and make a wreath for the candles. She looked excited and ran out to her car and came back with a lovely green wreath, which fitted around the base of my candles perfectly. It looked lovely. She gave me a hug and said the wreath was my Christmas gift. I was thrilled to have just what I wanted.

How many of you have a friend who carries extra wreaths around in the car just in case someone might need one? J is a special friend. Everyone should have a friend like her.

4 comments:

Sling said...

That your friend had a wreath in her car at the very moment you needed one does not surprise me in the least.
I expect nothing short of minor miracles this time of year.
..I like to call it faith.
Love this post mom!

Joan said...

Friends make this time of the season even brighter. Enjoy your Advent wreath.

Linda said...

I love Advent. They used to have a wreath building workshop during the Hanging of the Greens at our church. I really miss it.

Maybe I'll actually come to church on a Sunday sometime this month!

John said...

Good friends are very hard to come by. They should be held very dear.