Sunday, June 24, 2007

Brothers


I have two older brothers. They both live in California near the town where we grew up. I have lived in Maryland for more than forty years. We were all busy with our own families and careers, and we have been unable to see each other often. Now our families are grown and we are all retired. It seems that as I grow older I long to spend time with these two men who knew me first. They are the only ones who remember my childhood stories, the only ones who remember what it was like to grow up in our parent’s home. Tomorrow we are flying to California. I will get to visit with my brothers and their families. I am very excited. Our daughter and her three children are coming with us. The grandchildren have never met their California relatives. I am anxious to show them off.

2 comments:

rosemary said...

Oh, what a wonderful trip!!! Have so much fun you don't want to go back home. I have been estranged from my brother for years. I resigned myself to the fact that I have seen him for the last time...my choice.

AM Kingsfield said...

What a great trip it was! I'm so glad that my kids got to meet your family. So hard to make those bi-coastal relationships real.