Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Bras


Do not read this if you don’t like to read about women’s underwear.

I hate shopping for new bras. I can never find one that is really comfortable. I try one on and think this one seems OK. I buy it and take it home, hoping I have finally found the one that will be comfortable all day. But, no, by the end of the day I can hardly wait to get home and take this uncomfortable thing off. Am I the only woman in the world with this problem?

What I really want is the comfort and style of my very first bra. My friend, Mrs. Churchill, made it for me when I was five years old. It was bright red and had panties to match. When I wore this wonderful and comfortable garment I felt like a woman ready to conquer the world. Where I can I get such a stylish and wonderful garment today?

8 comments:

Anne said...

A La Mode in Annapolis. Across from the Ramshead Tavern on West St. Visit them to get a good fitting first, then see what they have for comfort. You might be wearing the wrong size, hence the uncomfort.

AM Kingsfield said...

Booby traps - gotta have 'em once gravity starts taking its toll, but nothing beats wild & free - well, unless you are jogging.

Of course, a bright red bra & matching panties is always good.

Bev Sykes said...

You might enjoy this journal entry I wrote about the experience of buying a bra: http://www.geocities.com/beverlysykes/July2.htm

Mom said...

Bev,thanks for my first big laugh of the day.You are funny! Enjoyed reading some of your stories.
Anne thanks for the tip. I'll give the place a try.
AM, "Booby traps" - funny. Gravity is winning the battle.

Tracy said...

The "over the shoulder boulder holder" as we call them.
UGH. I hate buying them as well.

The reason it probably fit and was comfortable at 5 was because you didn't have anything to put in them that needed to defy gravity, hence the comfort.

I'm with you. I hate having to buy new bras. I would have a professional fitting though. Last time I was "fitted" I was wearing a bra 2 cups too small. Ooops
But, I have to admit, even after I got the "right size" it still isn't comfy after 12 hours of wearing it.

Paul Nichols said...

I was going to comment, but maybe I'd better not.

rosemary said...

Steve and I have a joke...when we get home after a day of whatever....I'll ask him when he wants dinner and being a man he copies my sometimes comment..."I can't think until I get this bra off...ask me in a few minutes."

John said...

"Bra" is the only word I know in German. "Stopsemfrumflopin."