Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Barak

The trashcan is sitting atop my kitchen table. Chairs are pushed in front of the bookcase and cabinets with breakables. The cloth on the dining room table is folded onto the middle of the table so nothing is hanging over the edge. All of my tupperware and most of my pots and pans are strewn across the floor. Why would I choose to decorate in such a way? The answer is that Barak was here. Barak is my 14-month-old buddy. He is almost walking and he can crawl faster than a speeding gramma. I find it far easier to put as much as possible out of reach and let him have at the things he can’t hurt. This little guy just wants to know what is behind all those cabinet doors. Bubbles fill him with joy. His laugh is infectious and his smile melts my heart. I love having him come to visit, and I love having him go home.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cute!
Hope you stayed one step ahead of him!