Sunday, March 25, 2007

We’ve spent the last two days enjoying the beauty of nature at the Blackwater National Wildlife Refuge on Maryland’s Eastern Shore. What a wonderful, peaceful place to rejuvenate. We sat at the edge of the water and listened to the quiet. The only noises were the wind in the trees and the water lapping against the shore. Overhead we watched eagles soaring in the sky and osprey diving for fish. There was a great blue heron walking regally along the shore. My husband the birder identified twenty-eight different varieties of birds while we were there. We even saw nine white pelicans, which were about a thousand miles from their normal southern habitat. The rangers have installed an eagle cam where you can see baby eagles in their nest. It is very cool.

3 comments:

Constance said...

Good Tuesday morning Mom ! Thank you for the nice comment on my blog. Yes, it is good to find others who are going through what we are going through. The writing joins us somehow... I am going to be 49 soon, and am beginning to realize that I am in the second half of my life, and yes, there are changes...
Blessings to you and those you love...

p.s. I loved the book 'A Tree Grows in Brooklyn' wen I was a little girl !

Constance said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Constance said...

Hi again Mom ! Thanks for the nice comment again this morning ! I really appreciate it !

28 different kinds of birds is AMAZING !

Hope you have a good Wednesday --