Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Disabled

Today I officially became a disabled person. My knee has become increasingly painful and walking any distance is difficult. The doctor says it is arthritis and there really isn’t much that can be done. I don’t like to complain but it has become a problem. The doctor signed all the paperwork for me when I was there last week. Today I went to the MVA and requested a disabled tag so I will be able to park closer and not have to walk so far. It was the easiest and quickest thing I have ever done at the MVA. In my previous adventures I have been known to wait up to two hours to get tags and licenses. Today they said right this way, please. A nice lady took my papers, typed up some forms, put stickers on my new tags, and I was out in five minutes. I guess when you become old and disabled thy figure you can’t stand in long lines. Another advantage of getting old!

3 comments:

AM Kingsfield said...

Wow. Don't talk to Anne.

Linda said...

I really don't see you as "disabled". Maybe it should be changed to "focusing on the inner" You're a FOTI. Somehow, that doesn't sound better....Maybe you're a SPWBTO (some parts work better than others).

AM Kingsfield said...

I like that - SPWBTO, although I'm having trouble pronouncing it.