Thursday, March 08, 2007

Senior Chorale

“You guys can do better than that. We’ll do it again. This time on doot.” Our talented, young director, Craig, worked us hard during our morning rehearsal today. We are preparing for our spring concert. The music will be wonderful, but the rhythms are difficult. The basses protest that their notes are too high and want to sing an octave lower. Craig tells us that we have the right to complain, but rehearsal is a “Craigocracy.” We have to do what he says. He will try to be a benevolent dictator. “You basses can sing higher. Use your fluffy, little man-cloud voices.” He wants the sopranos to sing louder. “Be divas for me! You act like you’re afraid of forte!” when he said forte the entire chorale of senior citizens heard a word that rhymes with forte and we laughed long and loud. When Craig finally understood why we were laughing he turned a lovely shade of red and banged his head on the piano. Finally he said, it’s not sopranos, but the basses who are afraid of that. I love our rehearsals.

3 comments:

julie said...

Love it!! I wish that I could hear you sing one day. That would be so much fun.

AM Kingsfield said...

I suppose fluffy little men-clouds might be intimidated byt forte with divas.
I've marked my calendar. I've gotta hear this one.

Tracy said...

Can you post a clip of your performance on your blog for those of us who can't attend this gala performance?