Thursday, July 20, 2006

Women of Faith

I will be attending the Women of Faith conference at the Verizon Center in Washington DC for the next two days. This will be my fourth time to attend and I am looking forward to it. There is something wonderful about coming together with 20,000 women to worship God. I remember chills going down my spine as all those voices joined together to praise God. The speakers always inspire me and I come away feeling God’s presence. I will be attending with a group of women from the Church of Christ where I attended for many years combined with a group of women from the Presbyterian Church where I am currently a member. One of the great blessings of the Women of Faith conference is that it joins all the various traditions of Christianity together and for these two days we are one body of believers worshipping the God we all love. That is a very good thing.

I have felt the presence of God most intensely when I was alone and had a private audience with the Almighty. There were other places of corporate worship that were more intense than Women of Faith. Zoë worship conferences in Tennessee brought me to the foot of the cross and into the presence of God.

What brings you to the foot of the cross? When have you been intensely aware of the presence of God? Where were you when you were lost in wonder, love, and praise?

1 comment:

AM Kingsfield said...

Often I am in nature: in the woods, at the ocean, looking at the stars.