Thursday, July 06, 2006

Glory Days

We enjoy eating out. Our community is blessed with several nice restaurants that we patronize several times weekly. Our favorite of these eateries is Glory Days. Glory Days is a cross between a sports bar and family restaurant. There is a large screen TV above the bar and 20 or 30 more TVs on all the walls. Most of them are tuned to various sports programs. Tonight we could choose to watch one of several baseball games, tennis, hot-rod racing, or poker. I’ve just about learned how to play poker by watching while I eat dinner. There are usually a couple of the sets showing cartoons, and a couple others are tuned to news shows. The place is a haven for fantasy football players on Sundays in the fall. All the TVs are a nice distraction, but the thing that makes this our favorite is the combination of good food and pleasant staff. My very favorite thing to eat there is the broccoli. It is the best broccoli I have ever eaten. I get teased for bragging on the broccoli so much, but it really is good. When we sat down tonight our favorite waitress had our drinks in hand and ready to serve us. She remembers our orders from previous visits and knows what we like. She was sorry to report that he cobbler tonight was apple. I only order cobbler if it is peach. We almost always see friends while we are there. It is a favorite for many, both young and old.

What is your favorite restaurant? What makes it you favorite place?

1 comment:

AM Kingsfield said...

When I was 17 I waitressed at a Bob's Big Boy that preceeded Glory Days in that same location. I remember how nice it was to have regular customers. Some of the regulars were crazy, like Charley and the Oatmeal Man.

My favorite as far as food goes right now is Chipotle. I love their food. I've been on a bit of a sushi kick lately. I don't think anyone recognizes me as a regular anywhere though.