Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Two Saint Patrick's Day Birthdays


I always thought it was very cool that my big brother celebrated his birthday on Saint Patrick's Day. It just seemed like a fun day in my world. Today Bill is 75 years old. Life has been very hard for the past two years. His beloved wife suffered a terrible head injury in a fall. She has been in the hospital since that fall. Bill is a good man and a faithful husband. Not a day passes that he not at his beloved's bedside. There is no where else that he would rather be. Some days are better than others, but it is a difficult time. He does not laugh very often. I love this picture of my big brother taken a few month's ago at a niece's wedding. It makes me smile to see him laughing and having fun.



On Bill's thirty-fourth birthday I presented him with a new nephew. My youngest child arrived in the world on Saint Patrick's Day and joined his uncle in celebrating an Irish birthday. Last year when Paul turned forty the family took him to an Irish pub in Baltimore. It was a fun celebration. After that celebration Paul decided it was time to start taking better care of his health. He has been dieting and exercising a lot this year. He has lost fifty pounds and plans to lose another fifty. This summer he is planning to enter a 5K race. Next year I plan to post a picture of a much thinner, healthier birthday boy.

Happy birthday Bill.
Happy birthday Paul.

6 comments:

Middle Child said...

Sadly in the country town where I live there seemed to be no one celebrating - sad about your brother - but what he is forging in his heart being a loving husband...will stay with them both for eternity - its called "civilisation" A civilised love and care for the vulnerable amongst us - we have a long way to go that way but your Bill is way ahead.

Cazzie!!! said...

What a wonderful story, I am so pleased for your brother to take control and look out for his own health..and a 5k run...wonderful again!
Happy birthday to Bill and to Paul :)

Sling said...

How cool!..A St. Patrick's Day birthday double up.
Happy Birthday fellas!

yellowdoggranny said...

thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog..stop by anytime..thanks again..yellowdoggranny

Miss Healthypants said...

Happy Birthday to the boys! :)

Random Thinker said...

Happy Birthday - belated but still heartfelt. Hope it was good for both of them.