Tuesday, March 23, 2010

blahs

Today is one of my weepy days when everything just feels sad and a bit overwhelming. My life is full of more blessings than I deserve. I have a wonderful husband, children and grandchildren who love me, and an unwavering faith in a loving God. I should feel happy, but today I am just so aware of past hurts and their unwanted consequences. I thought I had forgiven and moved on, but I guess not quite completely. Forgiveness seems to be something you have to do over and over again. There were lies and accusations and hurtful words that have left painful scars. My children and grandchildren were wounded badly. We moved on. We found new paths and new ways and new places. We tried to forgive. Today I am angry all over again and trying again to forgive again and to move on again.

I will be better, but today life is painful.

8 comments:

just me said...

I'm sorry to hear you're having a bad day. Consider this a virtual hug.

Unknown said...

It's hard for me to imagine you being angry, you have such a warm and wonderful heart. But at the same time I understand why.
Love you

Unknown said...

Ok somehow I am signed on under Chris, but its Maureen. Although I am sure Chris feels the same way.

Tracy said...

I'm sorry. It's hurtful and painful to re-live past hurts. Especially the ones that are big hurts. More so, when our family is hurt as well.

Hugs to you....

Sling said...

I think about forgiveness from time to time,and wonder,'How does The Lord do it?..Forgive so utterly,and completely?'
Of course,I can't know the answer.
I can only strive to give that level of forgiveness myself,in the hopes of receiving it in the end.
He really does understand our weakness you know,and will happily heal our wounds.

Miss Healthypants said...

I'm so sorry you're feeling this way today!! I'm sending many prayers & positive vibes your way...

Jennie said...

Many hugs Mom. I just saw a sermon today about a verse in Isaiah that says forget the past and look to your future (or something like that) but it is hard to do. And sometimes you think you've done it and it comes roaring back. I hope tomorrow is better.

AM Kingsfield said...

I'm sorry if I spilled my anxiety onto your happiness and triggered these blues. Some days I'm glad for all the turmoil that forced me onto the new path. Some days, I just feel ripped off. Maybe I should just hop on a plane to California and not think so much.