Monday, March 08, 2010

Retreat

“Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take our breath away.”

I spent the weekend in the Pennsylvania mountains with forty of my girlfriends. We were all attending a women's retreat called “The Art Of Prayer.” It was a beautiful weekend filled with sunshine, laughter, prayers, a few tears and an inspirational speaker. The speaker was my older daughter. She shared her journey of faith with words and music that inspired a room full of women. I sat there just amazed. My little girl has not always had an easy life. There have been some very dark and scary moments. She told about some of those moments and the fear and pain she experienced. Then she told about God's faithfulness and love that brought her to where she is now.

I was overwhelmed with pride and love. It was a weekend full of moments that just took my breath away.

When have you experienced a moment that just took your breath away?

4 comments:

Miss Healthypants said...

Wow, that sounds just wonderful. You must be so proud of your daughter, as well you should be. :)

Sling said...

Being able to witness your daughter inspire others,as well as yourself!
No wonder you were left breathless.

rosemary said...

Truly a breathless moment with your child. i think I take in a deep breath when i walk away from my house and into the forest....i can see God's majesty everywhere.

Middle Child said...

Wow that is just something else.
My husband took my breath away a lot - just by being so intuitive in his kindness. My daughters' love for me takes my breath away

and the feeling when I am out walking up the path and a wonderful peace descends like angels or something