Thursday, June 04, 2009

Reiki

I got reikied yesterday. I feel better today.

For my birthday last month my daughter gave me a gift certificate for a reiki session with my friend Yolinna. I decided to cash it in yesterday. I had been feeling down in the dumps, a bad case of the blahs, and my arthritis had really been aggravating me. My shoulders felt like they were carrying a heavy burden. Seemed like a good time for a bit of healing.

I can't explain how reiki works. If you want an explanation go here. It's not like anything else I know, but I'll try to share my experience. Yolinna is a dear friend. She loves me and I enjoy being with her so it was comfortable to go to her home. After some chit chat I climbed onto the massage table in what she calls her spirit room. It is peaceful, airy place and I began to relax and closed my eyes. When I looked again Yolinna was just standing by me, praying. It felt nice to know someone was praying for me. Then she put her hands on my head, that's all, just lay her hands there. I began to feel warmth radiating from her hands into me. She moved her hands to different areas of my body. Sometimes I felt warmth, sometime the heat from her hands was intense. We made a few comments, but mostly it was just quiet and peaceful. An hour later she was done. The blahs were gone, the shoulders less tense, and the arthritis pain less bothersome. Somehow my chakras got aligned and my energy got itself in balance. I don't know what chakras are either, but I do feel better and that is nice.

Thanks Yolinna.

5 comments:

Linda said...

You're welcome. In fact, the pleasure was all mine. And you are right, I love you. So glad it helped :)

julie said...

Sue, remember how much you are loved. Let that love lift you right now. Pretend that I am right there with you and I am hugging you. Wish that I could.

rosemary said...

What ever works is good......i could use an attitude adjustment.

Middle Child said...

AAAAHH! The laying on of hands...old as time for all the modern terms...some people can do this...but the drug companies do make cash out of that. Glad your Charkras are all better now!

Cazzie!!! said...

My Auntie is a reiki Master, and she is the most wonderful person ever, to just be in her presence is lovely. I miss her alot, she lives in the next state to us. It is great to know I will see her in September, another family wedding :)