Friday, June 26, 2009

Nothing Much

Sometimes it is hard to think of something interesting to fill this space. How do I make the life of a contented senior citizen sound interesting? My days recently have been pretty quiet. I read, play on the computer, work in the yard, go to the pool for water aerobics, and take lots of folks to various doctor appointments. I am trying to write some lessons for vacation Bible school at church, but I'm having trouble getting motivated. I read the paper and watch the news. Politics and scandals are ever present. I have some fairly strong political views. I am mostly a left-leaning Democrat, but there are no easy solutions to most of the problems, and people I love and admire have different ideas. I don't really want to fill this space with politics. I've been to funerals for two friends recently. One, like Farrah Fawcett, had fought a long hard battle against cancer. Her death was not a surprise. The other was a young, apparently healthy man who, like Michael Jackson, died suddenly and unexpectedly. Their deaths make me more aware of my own mortality and the limited time I have on this earth. I have wonderful children and even more wonderful grandchildren, but you probably get tired of my bragging about them. I feel a bit boring today.

Do you have any suggestions for me? What are some topics that I should write about? Give me some ideas, please. I need some help.

4 comments:

Sling said...

Don't fret too much about a lack of stuff to blog about.
Sometimes,I wish something crappy would happen to me,just so that I could post a really good rant!
Fact is,most days are pretty much unremarkable.
Still,I come by here to find out what my good Christian friend has been up to,and even if it's 'nothing much',I get to enjoy some measure of fellowship.
..This pleases me.
(And for the record,anyone with Grandkids knows there is no such thing as bragging too much ;)..
Anyway,..I would suggest that you go ahead and write about politics,if there is something you feel like you wanna say..Why not?

Middle Child said...

Sling is right...but folk llike me are happy to hear about the things we consider mundane. DO NOT EVER WISH FOR DRAMA OKAY...I like reading about kids and grandkids and clouds in the sky.I like reading about the kitchen sink type of stuff, and that sort of stuff...far more interesting than high drama okay....

rosemary said...

i love everything you write and it is never boring....being a bit prejudiced, I'd like to hear about some of your most memorable patients, nursing highlights, how you ended up in Maryland, and there is never enough about kids and grandkids.

AM Kingsfield said...

I've been on hiatus, which is fine to do. I'm ready for a comeback though.