Monday, July 07, 2008

Galapagos Islands


Tomorrow is the big day. We have waited and waited with growing excitement thinking July 8 would never come, but as always the much waited day has almost come.
We leave bright and early tomorrow for our once in a lifetime trip to the Galapagos Islands. Tomorrow night we will be in Quito ,Ecuador. After two days there we will fly to the Galapagos Islands. We will spend the next week on a forty passenger tour boat seeing sights we have never seen before. The islands are populated with many varieties of unusual birds and wildlife. This is the place that inspired Charles Darwin to write his theory of evolution. My beloved the bird watcher will increase his life time bird list by many birds that exist only in these islands. I believe he is more excited than he ever has been about a trip. One of the most common birds there is called the Blue Footed Booby. It is a comical duck-like bird that often dances. When I start talking about dancing boobies, I am referring to the birds like the one in the picture.
We will be away from phones and computers. You will have to wait until we return to hear all about our adventures in this far away place.

10 comments:

Tracy said...

Have a fantastic trip!
I can't wait to hear about it and see the photos when you return.

MarkEC said...

Have a wonderful time! Looking forward to your stories and photos on your return. Enjoy!

Sling said...

Holy Crap!..That is the coolest thing ever!..I wanna go!
Bring me back one o' those ocean going iguanas.

Linda said...

I am so excited for you guys! I have surrounded you with light and safety-- I can't wait to hear all about it!!!

AM Kingsfield said...

I know you will have so much fun with the dancing boobies! Bon voyage!

John said...

Dancing boobies are my favorite. Much cooler than sleeping boobies. They are fairly boring.

rosemary said...

Well, I'm a day late...hope you are having the time of your life....this time!

Anonymous said...

Wooohoo...can't wait! have a glorious time!

Unknown said...

AAww, I missed wishing you Bon Voyage too!
I'm with SLing! That is the coolest trip I could imagine!

Waiting patiently for your return.

Sandy said...

How could anyone look at that picture and not smile???