Friday, October 12, 2007

Time

There are moments when you realize that time is just flying by at a speed you can’t comprehend. There are other moments when time just drags and you can’t believe that life is taking so long.

AM is counting the days until her cast comes off and she will be free again. The moments drag. She can’t wait until that moment comes. It is taking soooo long. The older kids are going camping with friends this weekend. They can’t wait until tonight. It seems like the moment will never come. I’ve been doing some work on the computer this morning. It is so slow today. It feels like forever before the screen I want finally appears. The time drags.

Last week I took my fourteen-year-old granddaughter to buy a dress to wear to the homecoming dance. She found a dress that makes her look absolutely beautiful. She loves it. I hate the dress because it makes her look so grown up. Where did the time go? How did she grow up so fast?

I looked in the mirror this morning and some old lady was looking back at me. When did I get this old? How did the time go so fast?

Is time dragging or flying by for you today?

8 comments:

rosemary said...

I have seen the same thing in my mirror....time is going by fast now that I finally realize how precious it is.

Chickie said...

I see the old lady too...she reminds me of my mother!

Sling said...

Oddly enough,my reflection keeps getting older,while I remain eternally youthful!..Sort of a reverse "Dorian Gray" kinda thing.

Cazzie!!! said...

You know what, this year has just flown. Last night we caught up with my Grandad and he was commenting on how fast time has gone since last Christmas...and I agree with him. I am glad for the slow days, it allows us to take the time to refect on where we have been, and where we want to go, and, of course, to appreciate the NOW :)

Linda said...

you just need a "session" with Adam to bring that youthful glow back.....or maybe you can get the "old man" to play pretend LOL!

Tracy said...

Time is flying for me right now. With Scott's hectic schedule, home schooling the kids, and AWANA I don't know where the past several months have gone. I am thankful that time is going by so fast right now in my life because the faster it goes, the sooner Scott will be done with school.

Anne said...

today, slow. but then again, i'm feeling sluggish about work

Unknown said...

My dad's mom always said "Even if you live to be 100, time flies by".

My reflection doesn't match my mind, thank goodness. I sure hate that jolt of reality when I look at myself, though.
But the worry of time flying by is giving me problems.