Sunday, October 28, 2007

Busy

Life has just been too busy lately. I stay tired.

Friday my granddaughter went to the homecoming dance, her first high school dance. She went with a bunch of girlfriends. It was great fun to share in her getting ready excitement and take pictures of her and her girlfriends all prettied up for the dance. She had a great time.

Saturday I worked all day in the church kitchen helping to prepare lunch for about 150 people to share after the memorial service. I feel good about this work. Sharing such moments is sacred time. Still, It was a long day.

Saturday evening I went to an Octoberfest with a bunch of church friends. We enjoyed homemade German food and lots of beer and German drinking songs. The laughter was wonderful.

I love Sunday and going to church. I love worshipping in the community of family and friends. I teach Sunday school and always come out smiling at the wonderful innocence and joy of little children. Today they were very excited about the big Halloween party that was held this evening. The youth group had decorated a haunted house. We had lots of games for the little ones. The children loved being in their costumes. Some of the adults were pretty funny too. My broken legged daughter wore a George W. mask (very scary!) She was a lame duck.

The highlight of the party was Trunk or Treating through the church parking lot. The church member had decorated the trunks of their cars and filled them with goodies. The kids were adorable as they went from car to car trunk or treating.

It has been a full weekend. I am tired

4 comments:

Sling said...

Good times!..
Oh.."My broken legged daughter wore a George W. mask (very scary!) She was a lame duck."..
AHAHAHA! :)

Anne said...

There were a bazillon kids at Trunk or Treat yesterday, weren't there?

I counted my trips to church yesterday for various reasons: 5 times! must be a record for me. busy busy

julie said...

Ann's costume is my favorite. I love her.

MarkEC said...

I had never heard of Trunk or Treat, what a great way to celebrate for the kids (and adults). I always enjoy snacking on my daughter's halloween candy haul. Or snacking while giving out the candy... or while watching TV.. OK.. all the time! :-)