Thursday, August 23, 2007

Lunch

Both my daughters are members of BNI, a business networking organization. This group has lunch together every week and tries to help one another make their various businesses succeed. It is an interesting and varied bunch. The thing they have in common is that they all have a business and are trying hard to make it successful. There were bankers, accountants and photographers. I met the owner of an art gallery and the owner of a hair salon. My older daughter owns an Abrakadoodle franchise and runs art camps and various other art education programs for children. My younger daughter is a columnist for the local paper and also for a local magazine called Suburban Scene. As part of their meetings one of the members gives an infomercial about their business and another member shares something about their personal life. Today my daughters decided to team up and tell something about their personal life. They brought me for Show& Tell. "This is our mom. We brought her because we figured if you met her you could figure out why we are the way we are." I told a few cute stories (Not the embarrassing ones) and everyone laughed. it was a lot of fun
Has anyone ever brought you in for show & Tell?

Now a shameless plug for my daughter. She maintains a blog for the magazine that discusses life as a single person living in suburbia. Her topics range from dating problems when you have three kids at home to how to eat a healthy diet when you are cooking for only one. She would love to have more readers and more commenters. She would especially like to have older singles participate. check her out at Suburban Singles.

2 comments:

Linda said...

The wind chime is all yours....

Joan said...

A mom Show and Tell...how fun!!! I'm sure your daughters are grateful that you kept those embarrassing stories to yourself! Oh and I promise to check out your daughter's blog...sounds interesting!