Monday, August 13, 2007

Happy Boys

          
For the past few months my beloved has wanted to buy one of the new hybrid cars. He hadn’t quite been able to justify the expense of a new car until this past weekend. A brilliant idea struck and he is now the happy owner of a shiny red Toyota Camry hybrid. It has all sorts of wonderful gadgets run by its computerized engine. He is so excited trying to figure out just how it all works. It’s Christmas in August for him.

The brilliant idea that justified this expense is our eighteen-year-old grandson. He will be starting classes at the local community college in two weeks and really needs a car to get back and forth to school. This boy is now the proud owner of our old ’92 Ford pick up truck. It is already dinged up and is a very manly looking vehicle for this handsome young man. It is Christmas in August for him too.

Isn’t it wonderful when you can find a wonderful solution to justify getting the new thing that you want!

4 comments:

julie said...

I love how this story turned out! Everyone wins! My favorite kind of story. Put up a picture of the new car...

John said...

Amen!

rosemary said...

Pretty smart husband you have there. I am keeping Steve away from the coputer as I type. The last thing we need is a new car....and he wants a hybrid.

MarkEC said...

I wish I could say I was giving my car to my daughter so I could get a new one.. but she is only 13! Enjoy.. I may need training from you or AM when I get mine.