Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Funerals

I have attended three funerals in less than a week. That is more than enough for now. None of the deceased were a part of my life so these losses are not large in my world. I knew their families and went to support my friends who were grieving. Funerals, especially when they come in such rapid succession, do make you stop and reflect on life. All of us will die. Life here on earth is a temporary thing. God said that we should live life abundantly, have fun, enjoy the moment. Life is precious. Don’t waste it on worry and dither. I heard some interesting stories about people this week, some funny, some sad. I wonder what stories will be told about me when I die. I want my funeral to be a party with lots of laughter and good stories. I want a brass band playing, “When the Saints Go Marchin’ In.” Sing ”When Peace Like A River,” for me. I hope lots of friends are there. There should be lots of food and drink. Have it all catered so no one has to do any work. And I do hope that my funeral is a whole lot of years away. I am having way too much fun to be in hurry to leave.

1 comment:

AM Kingsfield said...

Great plans. I especially like the last part.