Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Aging - Some Good, Some Bad

Today is our third grandchild’s sixteenth birthday. S is bright and beautiful and still likes to hang out with her gramma. She, along with our other grandkids, is one of the greatest joys in our life. Grandchildren are, without a doubt, the best part of getting older.

Yesterday I spent the afternoon in the dentist’s chair. One of my teeth had broken in two. It didn’t hurt but it did leave a large hole that was most annoying. The dentist said there was no decay, but as we get older cracks appear in the teeth from years of wear and tear. The small cracks eventually cause the teeth to break. I now have a nice new tooth and the knowledge that my teeth are wearing out. I hate knowing that my teeth are getting old. I hope other body parts don’t start falling off any time soon.

1 comment:

AM Kingsfield said...

Old age ain't for sissies.
With all the leftover Superbowl Fritos, know I'm putting some wear and tear on mine too.