Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Unscrewed


I am home with one less screw in my foot. The procedure today took only about thirty minutes. The worst part was the ginormous needles the doc used for the nerve block to numb my foot. After that I could only feel some pressure and pulling. It was a weird feeling to feel the doctor unscrewing the screw in my foot. It is a little hard to walk tonight because my foot is still numb. This should be only a small bump on my road to recovery. I expect to back on track in a day or two.

5 comments:

AM Kingsfield said...

yyyyeeiiuuh -
(not sure if I spelled that sound right.)
So does the old carpentry adage "measure twice, cut once" apply to orthopedic surgery?

poet said...

keeping you in my prayers, and hope that you will be feeling (and have the feeling in your foot) better tomorrow. hope you can get some sleep too. take care !!~ gentle hugs~

Unknown said...

Oh My Goodness..... that is so big, and to think it was in your foot, and then to endure having it taken out! Here's hoping the rest of your recovery goes by swiftly and you are back to better than normal very soon!

just me said...

yikes! that does not sound fun. but if it helps you reach your ultimate goal, then it was worth it.

hugs from here too :)

Cazzie!!! said...

I have just read back a few posts.. things are moving at such a fast pace now... what next for my friend? I know, a slow dance :)
Take care xoxo