Monday, January 17, 2011

MLK Day

This morning I attended an interfaith community service to honor the work and legacy of Dr King. It was an inspiring service attended by young and old, black and white, Christian, Jewish and Muslim Americans. It was a time to reflect on victories against injustice and to look at all the work that lies before us. We came away grateful for the progress our nation has made and determined to continue to make our world a better place. My Bible verse for today is from Micah, chapter six,
And what does the LORD require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
and to walk humbly with your God.
Mic 6:8

Several years ago I drew this picture of two of my grandsons playing at the beach. When I look at these boys I am grateful for the legacy of Martin Luther King Jr.

4 comments:

just me said...

I also enjoyed the service on Monday. Not a large crowd, but a good crowd.

I also thank G-d for Dr King and his work. We still have a long way to go.

Random Thinker said...

Mom, that was so beautiful. The verse, the picture, your heart.

Cazzie!!! said...

So much to be thankful for, so much love to go around... it makes me smile to look at that drawing. xoxo

Miss Healthypants said...

That is an excellent picture! You are a really good artist! :)

Also, you are a lovely person. :)