Wednesday, January 19, 2011

California

Early tomorrow morning we are leaving for California. This is a bit sooner than I I would have chosen to travel, but there a very good reasons for going now.

My great-niece is getting married on Saturday. I love weddings.

There will be a wonderful family reunion and time with people we seldom see. Living on opposite coasts does make frequent visits hard.

We can enjoy a trip down memory lane as we visit places important to our childhood.

I can put flowers on my folks graves. I don't why this seems so important to me. I know they are not in a cemetery. They still live in my heart and influence my everyday.

We get to go to the San Diego Zoo. Last time we were there was on our honeymoon almost fifty years ago.

My recovery from the foot surgery is not quite complete so I get to ride a wheelchair through the airport and get on the plane during pre-boarding. I will feel so special.

It is warm and sunny in southern California, with temperatures in the seventies. Snow is predicted in Maryland.

5 comments:

Tracy said...

Have a great trip! The weather has been great here. I know you will enjoy it.

Random Thinker said...

Sounds like loads of fun. I love the San Diego zoo. How cool that you went there on your honeymoon.

Middle Child said...

We used to get first up in the plane too because of don's wheelchair - but we were quietly informed that if there was an emergency we would be the last to be evacuated as we would clog up the aisles - ditch the chair if there is an emergency kiddo

Miss Healthypants said...

I hope you have a wonderful time in sunny Cali!! :) I LOVE Southern California...Iwanski & I used to visit there at least once a year, and I miss it...especially when it's SO COLD here!!

Have fun at the wedding, and at the zoo!! :) I've been to the San Diego Zoo, and loved it...great zoo! :)

P.S. Glad your foot is still healing well! :)

booda baby said...

This is SO excellent! We've had wonderful, even balmy weather for you! (Well, it's been nice in Santa Barbara, so I just added a few degrees of tropical sweetness onto that and - voila! You ended up with excellence!)