Saturday, November 06, 2010

Thanksgiving Times Six

In honor of the fact that this is the sixth day of November, the month of Thanksgiving, I will list six things for which I am thankful today.

1.There are no political ads on TV. I think I prefer ads about erectile dysfunction and feminine products than the filth politics produces.
2.Today I took a shower without any assistance from anyone, my first solo shower since surgery last August. I am thankful for the shower stool and long-hosed hand-held shower that made that possible.
3.I am thankful for a laptop computer that has allowed me to stay in contact with the outside world.
4.I am thankful for Mark, my daughter's sweetheart. Happy birthday Mark.
5.The world outside my window is filled with beautiful autumn leaves, I am so thankful for the beauty of nature.
6.I am thankful for Dennis, my sweet, loving husband, who has been such a wonderful caregiver as I recover from surgery. I could not have survived the last few months without his steadfast love.

What are some of things that you are thankful for today?

3 comments:

MarkEC said...

Thanks for listing me in your six! At the moment, I am thankful for the extra hour of sleep after my birthday. :-)

Middle Child said...

I am always thankful for my wonderful girls and the years I spent with their wonderful dad

Miss Healthypants said...

These are all wonderful things to be thankful for! :)

I'm grateful that I took some vacation time and have a four-day weekend coming up! *smiles*