Friday, November 26, 2010

Foot Report


After our feast yesterday my daughter decided to give us all a tattoo. She is learning the fine art of tattooing with henna and wanted to practice. My good right foot was blessed with a beautiful design. My husband's hand was tattooed with the solar system and my son had Mom with a heart around it for his arm. It was a fun activity. I could commit to a two week tattoo.

Several people have asked for a report on my left foot. It is getting better. Recovery has just been harder and is taking longer than I had expected. I am now sixteen weeks post-op. I still have to wear the big orthopedic boot and use crutches in order to walk, but I am starting to walk. I am able to put full weight and the foot. I no longer need to take pain medicine. Yesterday I drove the car for the first time since surgery. My goal is to be walking without help by Christmas. Not being able to do the things I usually do has been frustrating, but this to shall pass. I will dance next year.

8 comments:

Jennie said...

I love it! It's beautiful!

poet said...

That is really cool. I don't get out much, and don't know what tattooing with henna is, but it sure looks pretty~

glad to know that your not so good foot is getting better, i am sorry that i don't know what happened in the first place, as i cam upon your blog only recently. but good to hear that it is getting better. take special care, ok?

happy thanksgiving week~

Middle Child said...

How artistic - a bit of a talent there.

All the best with your foot

FoxyMoron said...

Henna tatoos are beautiful.
Gosh, that's a long time to have your foot out of action you poor thing, hope it gets better quickly.

Miss Healthypants said...

I love your optimistic outlook on life...indeed you will be dancing next year! *smiles*

And that tattoo is beautiful! Quite lovely. :)

Random Thinker said...

It's beautiful. Now your other foot has two reasons to be jealous.

fireangel said...

Thanks for the update! We ALL miss you at the pool.

Keep taking care of yourself (and foot!) so you WILL be walking all by yourself in a couple of weeks.

Unknown said...

I love henna tattoos. Looks pretty "hot"!
Way to go with the foot. Keep up the good work.