Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Bells

One of the things that has kept me sane for the past few months has been going to bell practice every week. I roll into the practice room each week in my wheelchair where I find of group of friends who help me forget my troubles for a little while. There is something about counting, 1-and-duh – 2 – 3-and-duh 4, that just makes everything else disappear. It is kind of like musical yoga. We hit a lot of wrong notes in practice and sometime we get pretty silly. We have agreed that happens in bell practice stays in bell practice. Between laughs we practice hard. Our official name is the Clinquant Choir. We call ourselves the ding-a-lings. Occasionally we get to make glorious music.

We joined the vocal choirs, the Westminster Trombone Choir, and the organ this past Sunday to play, “Lord Speak To Me.” I hope God smiled at our song of praise.

To hear us play click here, then click on the mp3 audio for the anthem on Reformation Sunday.

Psalms 150

3 comments:

Random Thinker said...

Very beautiful. I like the ding-a-lings better than Ciquant Choir. It makes me laugh.

Miss Healthypants said...

That sounds like just the thing you need to cheer you up and keep you hanging in there! *smiles*

AM Kingsfield said...

Their performance was so beautiful it gave me goosebumps!