Friday, October 01, 2010

Lexie Sue

Thirteen years ago today I had the honor of being present at the birth of my seventh grandchild. What a breath-taking moment that was! After a long labor, suddenly there she was, a beautiful, perfect baby girl. As the doctor handed this new baby, fresh from heaven, to my daughter a feeling of amazing joy filled my heart. My daughter then looked at me and said that her name was Alexandra Susan. This child's middle name is in honor of me. I felt overwhelmed at such an honor.

I love this wonderful girl who today begins the exciting adventure of being a teenager.

Happy birthday Lexie Sue.

3 comments:

Maureen said...

That means I have known your family for 13 years. I met you all when right before she was born. You have the most amazing grandchildren.

Random Thinker said...

I watched my nephew's birth and even after having two of my own it was the most incredible thing to witness. Happy Brithday Miss Lexie Sue.

Miss Healthypants said...

Lovely! :)

Happy Belated Birthday, Lexie Sue! :)