Friday, October 08, 2010

Ten Things To Do While Waiting For My Foot To Heal

1.Feel sorry for myself. This is depressing so I try to limit this activity, but I have managed to have a couple of very good pity parties.
2.Take naps. This was much easier when I was taking the good drugs.
3.Play free cell. This is a big waste of time but it is better than number one.
4.Watch daytime TV. I can only do this if I am taking the good drugs which prevent me from thinking.
5.Tour the Louvre in Paris and the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York. I have been watching a series of illustrated lectures by an art historian about the great works in these two museums. I am learning a lot about art history. It really is interesting. Someday I plan to go see both theses museums.
6.Eat. I wonder if I will be able to fit into an of my clothes after three months of boredom and inactivity.
7.Read. Since I quit taking the good drugs I have been able to enjoy reading again. Currently I am enjoying “Peace Like a River,” by Leif Enger. It is a sweet story about family, love and faith with delightful characters. I tried to read “The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo,” but found it just too boring. I didn't like any of the characters and didn't care what happened to any of them.
8.Try to think of something interesting to post on my blog. My life has not been very exciting recently.
9.Visit with friends and family when they come to visit. I love to listen to stories about the people in my world.
10.My very favorite thing is to get out of the house and go anyplace else. Since I travel by wheelchair I have really come to appreciate handicap accessible places. I am grateful that our church, the senior center and several restaurants are all wheelchair friendly.

4 comments:

Middle Child said...

A good post and sounds like we enjoy the same things. I can tell at a glance after 25 years of Don and i trying to get into places -which ramps are made too steep, and don't you just love it when you are crossing the road and sometimes where the laybac is to step off the road at the lights - some bright spark puts a tine little lip and the chair goes thunk into it - to walking people they don't even hardly notice it - to a wheelchair person it stops them getting up onto the sidewalk

poet said...

thank you for coming over, i have added you to my link list. make today GREAT~

Unknown said...

I wish I could add a few fun and interesting ideas to your list. Reading voraciously would be my choice and I totally agree about drugs being needed for daytime tv- ack!
Hope you are ahead of schedule for recovery so you can get out sooner.

Miss Healthypants said...

My sister just fell and broke her left ankle, and sprained her right ankle. I'll have to refer her to your list for ideas. *smiles*

I'm glad you're on the mend, even though the "in-between" time can sometimes be quite a struggle.