Monday, October 25, 2010

The Doctor Said

I saw the doctor this morning for a follow appointment. He is quite pleased with my recovery. After eleven weeks the bones have healed and are now in alignment as they should be. I was expecting to be referred to a physical therapist and be walking again in the near future. It will be a little longer than I expected, but I will walk again. I can start walking now with my orthopedic boot on and using crutches until I am strong enough to not need them. This will take six to eight weeks. In the office today he manipulated my foot an toes to break up the adhesions and scars that have formed during my recovery. I'm sure most of the people in the hospital heard me scream. It hurt a lot. I will have to massage my foot three times a day and stretch the toes back to prevent the adhesions from reforming. I will not be seeing a physical therapist now. I should be walking without the boot before Christmas. He said it would be spring before I would be walking without being aware of foot. Looks like it may be next summer before I can take dancing lessons.

8 comments:

Barb said...

So sorry your healing process is taking so long. Keep up the good attitude though and time will fly by to where you will be walking normally again.

Deborah Hoppe said...

Remember, the tortoise beat the hare! Slow and steady wins the race. And there is progress, let's hold on to that.

AM Kingsfield said...

Do you have any good pain killers left? Be sure to take them before the next appointment!

Random Thinker said...

The tango isn't going anywhere. It'll wait for you. Glad you are making progress.

Miss Healthypants said...

Still, you're on the right track! :) And I'm glad to hear it. :)

Jennie said...

Glad to hear progress is happening. Start picking out your tutu! Summer will be here before you know it, I cannot believe it's nearly November! What happened?!

rosemary said...

I see this as an opportunity to get lots of free foot rubs from Dennis and decorate your boot!!!!

Middle Child said...

Its a long process but imagine how good it will feel when you are walking about pain free.
Also I think you emailed me for a copy of the book but left no address. I can't find that email in my inbox 0 so if it wasn't you I don't know who it was...if it was could you email me your postal address