Friday, August 20, 2010

Post-Op Day10

It has been ten days since my foot surgery. I knew it would be painful and hard, but it has been more painful and difficult than I had expected. The pain is beginning to ease up some, but I am still very grateful for the good drugs. Everything just seems difficult. My foot is very heavy. I'm pretty sure that there are concrete blocks wrapped under the bandage. My right leg should be very strong when I get to the other side of this recovery.

I have a big stack of books that I was planning to read, but I think my brain has turned to mush. I just can't concentrate. My big diversion each day is to watch House Hunters on HGTV.

My minister came by and prayed for me. My friend Jack came by laid his big hands on my foot. Jack has the hands of a healer. My daughter came by and did reiki on me. My friend the rabbi has prayed for me. Sometimes I am very aware of the energy of divine grace and healing filling me. It is wonderful to have friends who have faith enough to pray.

The yummy food, the cards, the visits and the phone calls have really helped. It is good to have tangible evidence of love and friendship.

I have the most awesome husband in the world. He has done all the cooking, the cleaning, the laundry and shopping. He washed my back and shampooed my hair. He gets up in the night and helps me when I feel wobbly. He holds me when I cry.

I will be better tomorrow.

2 comments:

rosemary said...

Oh Sue....I wish you felt better.....but if you can really drag this out for a while just think of all of the prayers and blessings that will come your way. Steve has been pretty helpful with me here too...although I didn't get a shampoo and back wash.

Middle Child said...

"he holds me when i cry" thats the main thing...and thats what its all about. You will get through this - who'da thunk a foot could have so many nerve endings?