Monday, August 30, 2010

Dreams

It has been four weeks now since surgery. I know I am getting better because the boredom has begun to set in. The pain is pretty well controlled with the meds, but I just can't do much. Yesterday I had hoped to go to church, but I just didn't have enough energy to really go. My stamina has gone to just about none. It is frustrating. I've watched a lot of TV, but that wears out quickly. I don't mean to complain, I am healing. I know this is a temporary situation, but it just looks like a long boring road ahead right now.

I've had a lot of colorful, kind of scary dreams. I assume they are the result of the good drugs I have been taking. The dreams are not pleasant. I can't understand why people would take these pills for fun. Last night the dream seemed more real than normal. My husband was holding a flashlight and running around the bedroom with a flashlight and a flyswatter whacking the floor and yelling “Gotcha!” It seemed to be odd behavior for my studious, sedate husband. In the morning he said he hoped he hadn't bothered me, but he did kill two crickets who were driving him nuts during the night. He has now lined our bedroom with cricket traps in an effort to prevent another night of wild cricket hunting.

3 comments:

Jennie said...

Boy that x-ray is quite something! Never seen anything like it but I'm glad it's healing well. Hang in there. Just visited my friend today who just had a hip replacement and she's antsy already and just got home Saturday. She crochets, do you?!
I do not like crickets.

rosemary said...

I have weird dreams and am not even taking anything good....just a lot of expensive heart meds. i dream about houses, being shot and strange people in my house....lots of other weird stuff but those are recurring.

Maureen said...

That reminded me of the story of your hubby and the mouse. I wish for you a speedy return to "normal".