Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Sunrise, Sunset


We had an end of summer family gathering last Sunday. The excuse we used for the party was to wish our third grandchild bon voyage as she heads off for college this week, but mostly we just wanted a chance to be together. We talked, we ate, we laughed, we played, and of course we took pictures. When I looked at my grandbabies I realized that they are not babies at all. The are young adults and teen agers. How did they manage to grow so quickly? My eldest granddaughter, our Disney princess, has just started a new job in a downtown law firm. Her brother has just signed all the papers to join the Air Force. He will be leaving in a few months for a new life. Grandchild number three is heading to Pennsylvania to begin college. The next three are all in high school and the little one began junior high school this week. How did this happen?

Could it be that I am getting older too?

8 comments:

rosemary said...

OK...crying. My youngest grandchild is 4....the oldest 26......the song .....I'm crying.

Tracy said...

Sue,
Sorry I didn't get a chance to call or visit during our trip to MD. None of our families live in "B" anymore so I didn't get out that way.

Yeah.. the AF! He picked the best service to join. I hope his first assignment is a good one.

You've got a fine bunch of good lookin' grands.

Sling said...

Ain't it just the way it seems to be.
I love that song.

Random Thinker said...

What a great looking group of kids. You must be so proud. My daughter is getting married soon and we are currently in deep negotiations about how long I have to wait for grandkids. She says 3-5 years. I don't know if I can wait that long.

Cazzie!!! said...

Fabulous image..what a special time... thanks so much for sharing :)

Middle Child said...

A lovely song...made me cry but thats okay

Anonymous said...

how wonderful! what a beautiful gift Mom! Does God work miracles or what??!!


But let's not discuss how time is flying by anymore...i can't keep up these days...

Miss Healthypants said...

I feel that way when I see my "little" nieces and nephews getting married and having kids. I have a nephew with 2 kids and one on the way, and I don't even have kids yet! That makes me feel old. :) Guess I gotta get going on this baby-making business! *grin*