Saturday, July 18, 2009

Recycling

We discovered the floor in our storage shed. You can actually walk in and see what is in there.

Our town had a community shred and electronic recycling event today. We got rid of a box of canceled checks dating back to 1964. The old electronics took up a huge amount of space. My techie husband had accumulated lots of gadgets over the years. We recycled three old computers, keyboards, scanners, printers, monitors, TVs, old phones, VCRs, set top boxes, zip drives, an old UPS, a tape drive back-up system, modems, speakers, receivers, a radio and mice. I'm sure I missed something, but we filled the back of my station wagon. I'm not sure how all that stuff gets recycled, but I sure am glad to it gone.

What do you do with your old, broken, unusable electronics?

2 comments:

just me said...

I brought our old stuff to the recycling event, too. I plan to give our old phones back to Verizon - they recycle them for us by abused women & children.

Sling said...

Holy Cow!..Zip drives and Tape drives?
I haven't thought about those in years.
I hate to get rid of any electronic stuff..I might need it someday.