Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Slide Rock

Oak Creek runs from the high mountains down into Sedona. It carves a beautiful green canyon as it flows downward. One day we went to play in Oak Creek at Slide Rock State Park, just north of town. What a delightful time we had! The water was painfully cold. I waded in and then quickly returned to a nice sunny rock to watch as others played in the water. David said that after a few minutes you became numb and then you could enjoy the water. The rocks are smooth here and provide natural slides in the water. Swimming and sliding all afternoon left everyone very tired, but very happy.

View from above the creek at Slide Rock


I'm not going back in that cold water


David enjoying the frigid water


Samantha going down the slide


4 comments:

rosemary said...

All beautiful shots...the sunrise ones too....you are brave to even think of climbing rocks, going down slides....but I sure wish we had some of that weather.

Tracy said...

I'm so glad you were able to go to Slide Rock. That water is just as cold in August I can assure you. We love Slide Rock State Park. It's gorgeous there.

So glad you had a good trip!

Middle Child said...

wonderful. I love fresh water creeks, rivers and falls...there is something so invigourating about the fresh water that the ocean just does not bring. Cold is not felt by the young...never... just us. The water looks wonderful...I must travel one day...have never been anywhere except in my head...and have crossed universes in there.

Unknown said...

Fantastic! I would love to see that area but the rock sliding makes my butt hurt thinking about it. Im down with the sunrise idea.