Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas


The highlight of our holiday arrived during our Christmas Eve service at church.

We were all feeling a hole in our celebration because our eldest grandchild could not get off work. Christmas is a busy day at Disney World and she was in Orlando working. We were trying to accept that she was grown and this was a normal part of growing up, but we were all a bit sad. The worship service had just begun. My son-in-law was the liturgist for the evening and was preparing to read the scripture when I noticed my tall, handsome grandson walk into church. He had a girl with him. I wondered who this girl was when I recognized that it was my sweet granddaughter smiling at her brother's side. I left my place in the bell choir to hug this beautiful girl who had surprised us all and was not working at Disney World after all. When I looked up at her dad he was grinning and crying. This girl was the best present this family could receive.

It was wonderful to have my children and grandchildren together for Christmas. We enjoyed presents, food , conversation, games and laughter. In the afternoon we all enjoyed a nap and then settled in for more fun, laughter and conversation.




Tomorrow we drive to West Virginia for two days to visit with grandchild number eight. We have not seen her for many months and it will be good to see how much she has grown.

We do feel blessed with the love of our wonderful family.

8 comments:

John said...

There you go. Family is what it's all about.

just me said...

What a wonderful surprise! You have a great family.

Sling said...

I like the last picture,where they're all tuckered out from great quantities of fun!
You have a lovely family mom.

Cazzie!!! said...

What a gorgeous story, what a surprise, I just love it. Happy family, and healthy family.

Princess Pixie Dust said...

I'm glad that I'm such a wonderful present!!!! I'm so happy that I was able to lie well enough to get you all to believe me. It was well worth it. Love you Gramma!

Middle Child said...

I am wi..the last picture...just beautiful...

rosemary said...

What a great group.....a great 2009 is on the way too....I can feel it.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful gift from God you rec'd! Yeahhhh.

I hope you have the best time yet, and Happy Blessed New Year MOm!