Monday, December 01, 2008

Kennedy Center



Last night we completed a lovely holiday week-end with a trip to the Kennedy Center. I always enjoy attending performances there. It is such a glamorous place and it touches me with a sense of history. Last night we sat in the beautiful concert hall and listened to some outstanding music, a performance by the honors musicians in our local county schools. The band was excellent, as was the orchestra. After the intermission the elementary school honors chorus sang. In the center of the front row was my beautiful young granddaughter. The concert hall was filled with their sweet, young voices and I began to cry. My grandbaby was singing on stage in the Kennedy Center. It was a lovely moment that just overwhelmed me.

She beamed from the stage and waved to her family. Many of the big family who love her were there. Besides her grandparents, her mom and dad, her sister and brother, her dad's girlfriend, her mom's boyfriend, and her mom's boyfriend's mother came to share her moment of glory. She is loved by all of us. We are a modern American family.

5 comments:

Tracy said...

That is awesome! I'm glad you live close and are able to be present in your grandchildrens' lives.

rosemary said...

sometimes blended families are the best.

Sling said...

The Kennedy Center?..That's big time!!
You must be bustin' with pride. :)

just me said...

I still remember when E was in 5th grade and had that same honor. It was quite a moment!

John said...

That is way too exciting. Good for you and all of yours.