Friday, June 13, 2008

Painting

I walked into my laundry room this week and actually looked at it. It is really dirty! I started cleaning and sorting things out. I use that room to store the things I don’t know where else to put. It is a small, cluttered, dirty room. Among other things in there is all my left-over paint. I have decided to brighten the place up by giving it a fresh coat of paint, using all the half full cans of paint I already have. Today I painted the ceiling with the left-over half can of white primer. That has already brightened it up. Tomorrow I will figure out how to paint the walls and shelves with the two shades of red, two shades of blue, two shades of white and some olive green paint. It will at least be clean and colorful. Another good thing is I will not have all that paint on the shelf and there will be room for me to put up some of the clutter. I think it will be fun to paint.

Does anybody out there have a room decorated in all the left over colors of other projects?

Have a good week-end everyone.

5 comments:

Sharon said...

Sounds interesting. You'll have to post a picture when you finish.

Sandy said...

I'm with Sharon - we want pictures! While living in Seattle, a painter several blocks from us painted his house in wide, perpendicular pastel stripes. He was a painter but the house was controversial and I'm not sure if it was good or negative advertising.

Unknown said...

Funny you should ask.

I just painted my bathroom last week with left over cream and lavender semi-gloss to ready it for wallpapering. It would have been a paintable room if the people who first put up wallpaper had painted the walls before they hung the paper. Because they didn't, removing the paper properly led to large gouges in the sheetrock. I thought about putting on a textured mud application but it would require I learn how and I want instant results.
Your idea to paint kills two birds with one stone- smart!
Will we get to see the results?

(M)ary said...

that is a great idea to decorate in left over colors! i have a back bedroom that i need to turn green soon. i bought the paint nearly a year ago but i haven't finished taking the wallpaper off the wall yet!

Magenta said...

Oh the possibilities!!!!

Big bright flowers ... or maybe just a Jackson Pollock'ish smattering of paint.