Thursday, June 26, 2008

Laundry Room


I asked my beloved to take a picture of my clean, colorful laundry room. He put together this panorama picture that make my little room look deceptively large. It is only as wide as the washer and dryer. The end with the furnace and water heater is what you see if your back is to the washer. It is a small rectangular room about five feet wide by 10 feet long. I don't have any before pictures so it is hard to tell how much better it looks. It had never been painted. The walls were stained and scarred. The floor was dirty. Now it is clean and bright, but still small. I used up four of my partial cans of left over paint. I wonder what I can do with the rest of my paint. I still have two shades of green, dark blue, bight red, and some antique white.

Any suggestions?

6 comments:

Barb said...

How about doing some stenciling around the door frame and underneath the window on the wall with your left over paint. Michael's craft store have a wonderful selection on stencils. Maybe some red flowers with green stems?

Unknown said...

Excellent job, MOM! It looks great! And the stencilling is a very good idea. It's pretty easy.

Tracy said...

Love the colors!

A fresh coat of paint does wonders.

Jennie said...

Looks lovely. I like a nice neat and pretty laundry room. I'd like to paint mine too. The stenciling idea is a good one.

rosemary said...

How about a mural? Or getting the grandkids to paint something on the bare places? It looks great. My biggest regret is having put the laundry room downstairs.

Sling said...

You can use the leftovers to paint matching picture frames.
Maybe get some reproductions of old timey ads for soap,laundry detergent..like that, to hang up in your new laundry room.