Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Facebook

Last week I became a member of Facebook. It is a fun way to communicate with my grandchildren. Somehow it seems to be cooler to talk on Facebook than to just talk. It has been fun to set up my page and to add friends. I have found many of the children I was once close to who have now grown up and moved away. I have over twenty friends. I feel so popular. I haven’t yet figured out how to use all the features. You can send virtual gifts and hugs or poke your friends. I was just looking around the site and typed the name Barack Obama into the search. I did find several official and supportive websites as I expected. I also found about twenty-five sites that claimed Obama was the Antichrist. The hate just spilled out of those pages. It is scary what people believe and say. I then typed John McCain into the search engine and found several official and supportive sites. I did find one site that claimed McCain was the Antichrist. So I know some people hate him too. The part of the world I live in is mostly a friendly place filled with kind and gentle people. It always startles me when I come face to face with hatred.

3 comments:

Anne said...

I'm feeling very behind the times if you have a facebook page! sheesh.

Sandy said...

Ohhh, I love the idea of your being a Facebook member! You could be the youngest senior I know!

I remember reading that during the last election pamphlets were distributed in some areas saying that if Kerry were elected, people would be banned from reading their Bibles. I sometimes think hate and ignorance go hand-in-hand. Or is it hand-in-glove? Well, whatever - they go together. Sad.

Jennie said...

We need two elections, I suppose. One to decide who's president, one to decide who's the antichrist. I feel the same way when I see white supremists on tv - frightening.