Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Tagged

It seems tag is a game frequently played in blogland. Recently both Greeny and Windblownbutterfly have tagged me. I am to tell seven things about myself. Here is my list.

1. It is hard to think of who I am except in terms of my relationships. I am a wife (happily married for 46 years). I am a mother (2 daughters and 2 sons). I am a mother-in-law. I am a grandmother (eight beautiful, gifted grandchildren). I am a friend. I am a follower of Jesus.

2.The address of our first apartment was 99 Bellafontaine. I like the way that sounds. Our neighbor across the courtyard liked to sit around his house in his underwear, drink, beer and shout at his little boy whose name was Mitchell.

3. I play treble A and B in the bell choir at church. It is fun, and when we get it right it sounds glorious.

4. I wish I could hire a gardener. Yard work is hard and I don’t really know what I am doing.

5. Next summer we are planning to take a river boat cruise through France, I want to spend at least one day in the Louve.

6. I never wear any make-up. Once I went to a Mary Kay party and had a facial. When I got home my son said,”What’s wrong with your face?” My husband said, ”What that stuff on your eyes?”

7 I am currently reading three books. “The American Gospel” by Jon Meacham makes me grateful to the founding fathers who were very careful to use inclusive religious language in the writing of the constitution and to separate church and state. I highly recommend this book. I am enjoying “Leaving Church” by Barbara Brown Taylor. This is the memoir of one woman’s spiritual journey. I have just begun this one, but so far I am very much identifying with what she is saying. Then, for a change of pace, I am reading Jimmy Buffett’s “A Salty Piece of Land.” It is like taking a vacation in warm sun of the Caribbean.

That is my list. Now it is my turn. Tracy, I tag you.

5 comments:

AM Kingsfield said...

Hey, you're supposed to tag seven people!

Bellefontaine makes an excellent stripper name ;-)

Mom said...

I'm the mom. I can do what I want!

Tracy said...

Tracy Who?

You already know at least 7 things about me. You were a nurse in my pediatric office growing up and you watched me grow up at church.
I can't think of seven things about myself worth mentioning.

Mom said...

I bet there are at least seven things i don't know!

Unknown said...

Sorry Mom, I haven't thanked you before now for posting your seven things.
I loved them all.
It's very cool to find out what people consider useless or useful, interesting or uninteresting about themselves just by what they posted, don't you think? I find it very interesting you are heading on such an exciting trip to France. There is a whole post just by itself! So much info..
But the other six were very good!