Friday, May 11, 2007

Bus Trip

Yesterday we joined a group of friends on bus trip to the Sight and Sound Theater in Lancaster, PA. We saw an extravagant, spectacular telling of the Biblical story of creation. It was an inspiring event

On the bus ride I couldn’t help but be aware of the fact that I really am a senior citizen. Nobody has time to take a day in the middle of the workweek and enjoy this kind of lovely outing except a bunch of retired folks. (Well, actually my husband and two other people took a vacation day from work to enjoy the outing.) Our “luxury motor couch” was comfortable. We stopped at a beautiful resort for a delicious lunch. Conversation and laughter were plentiful. Friendships were strengthened. It was a very good day.

There are times when being old is a very nice thing.

1 comment:

John said...

Driving one of those "Luxury Motorcoaches" was the job I had before I went into the truck driving biz. It was great! The senior citizens acted like teenagers as soon as we left their hometown. I had a blast with them. Enjoy it as often as you can.