Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Why

I just came home from my water aerobics class. It really is a fun way for me to get some exercise.

I go to a nearby health club with a few parking spaces near the front door, a small lot next to the building and a large lot just across the small street where it is located. There is plenty of parking in the large lot, but it is a few steps further away. Today people were fighting over the nearby spaces using words that are not on my approved list along with hand gestures that are less than friendly. I don’t get it. These folk are coming to work out on treadmills and stair climbers. They play tennis and swim in order to get exercise. They are paying good money to exercise and yet they can’t walk the few extra steps it takes to cross the street.

Can someone explain why people fight to park close to the gym where they are going to get some exercise?

3 comments:

Linda said...

Ha Ha! I notice this ALL the time when I go to work at my gym! I'm always thinking the same thing---what is it you are exercising for? So you can drive? How silly! The other think I always think about is, "now what would Pocahontas think if she saw all these people on treadmills going nowhere....."

Anne said...

Could it have something to do with the weather?

Mom said...

I don't think it is a weather related thing. The day was a bright, clear winter day - not too cold.