Thursday, August 31, 2006

Bill


Today would have been my father-in-law’s ninety-fourth birthday. Bill was a good man. He adored his wife. His three sons were each a joy to him. His greatest pleasure was being with his family. Today I looked for a picture of Bill. It was hard to find one of just Bill. He was always pictured with his beloved Kay or with the whole family. Thinking about that, I decided that was right. Bill would have been incomplete without Kay. There was a romantic movie I once saw where the hero says to the heroine, ”You complete me.” Bill and Kay were the perfect example of completing one another. I owe Bill much. He taught my husband how to be a good man, a good husband, and a good father. Thank you Bill. Happy Birthday.

The picture is of Bill and his three sons with Kay. The cute boy in the glasses grew up to be my husband.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, nice tribute and what an all-American photo that is! It is nice to hear a person speck so highly of their In-Law as you did.