Monday, August 14, 2006

Beach Food

With a houseful of children we found eating at home much more pleasant than trying to eat in one of the many restaurants in Rehoboth. Still we each needed to eat our favorite beach food while we were there. Every evening we walked to the boardwalk to find our favorite delicacy. My daughter would have found the week incomplete without a wonderfully sinful candied apple, dipped in caramel and rolled in chocolate or coconut or nuts or all three. I went to the Candy Kitchen to purchase a chocolate covered strawberry, which I did not offer to share. Korh’s Brothers frozen custard, the vanilla, orange twist, was a favorite for several. Matt, my grandson’s buddy who joined us for the week, wanted Po-ta-toes every day, so we had to get a bucket of Thrashers fries soaked in vinegar. Of course the trip would not have been right without Grottos pizza for all the kids at least twice. We ate all the wrong foods and enjoyed every bite.

What is your favorite beach food?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"A" chocolate strawberry?! Just one? Singular?! Oh my, you have great restraint.
SIIIGGGHhhhh....Alas, I don't make it to the beach to have a favorite beach food. But all the items you mentioned would be ok with me! I figure more seafood would be added to a beach stay for me. I could eat my weight in any seafood.
Sounds like a very cool trip.